The stage for the Federal election has been set.
The Budget delivered by the Coalition and the Budget reply from Labor have outlined what the major parties plan to do to fix the broken housing system – and it showed us where we need to focus our efforts in the coming five weeks!
Everyone in Australia needs a place to call home. And if we’re going to make that a reality, we need our leaders to step up and implement the solutions we know will make a difference. With the election just weeks away, we’re calling on the major parties to implement the 5 key things that will fix the broken housing system.
Will you add your name, by signing the petition now?
We’re asking Scott Morrison and Bill Shorten to implement these 5 key things:
- Support for first home-buyers, by setting the tax system to make it fairer for ordinary Australians wanting to buy a home.
- Develop a National Housing strategy to meet Australia’s identified shortfall of 500,000 social and affordable rental homes.
- A better deal for renters, by changing the tenancy laws to protect tenants against evictions, unfair rent rises, discrimination and landlords who refuse to maintain properties.
- Immediate relief for Australians in chronic rental stress, by increasing Commonwealth Rent Assistance.
- A plan to end homelessness, to halve homelessness in five years and end it in 10.
Because housing problems are connected. Renters, home-buyers, people struggling to find a safe roof over their heads – what happens to one of us, affects everybody.
Authorised by Kate Colvin, Council to Homeless Persons, 2 Stanley Street Collingwood Victoria 3066
Sign the petition
Let Scott Morrison and Bill Shorten know you expect them to fix the broken housing system if they're elected