Federal Election 2022
Australia needs more social housing and greater support for renters
This Federal Election Everybody’s Home is calling on all candidates to commit to fixing Australia’s housing crisis so everybody has a home.
- Read our plan to fix Australia’s housing crisis
- See what we are calling all Parties to commit to this election, and catch up on the latest data
- Find out how many people in your electorate are in housing stress here.
- Read the polling about social housing on our news page
Every person who takes action increases the pressure on candidates to commit to change. Can you:
- Email the Treasurer to call for investment in social housing and immediate relief for renters (link to petition)
- Make a post for social media using #EverybodysHome and #BuildSocialHousing about why social housing is important to you
- Make a video post for social media about what living in social housing has meant for you, or what it would mean for you to have a safe, affordable home.
- Visit an MP or candidate and talk to them about housing stress in their electorate and our plan to fix Australia’s housing crisis.
- Host a ‘town hall’ candidates event and invite MPs to talk about what they will do to fix Australia’s housing crisis if elected